Author Topic: hitting hibernation just locks desktop  (Read 1569 times)

Offline boelle

• Premium Member
hitting hibernation just locks desktop
« on: November 13, 2011, 08:39:06 AM »
have any experienced this? i tried this today as to enable HORM but to my surprise music was still playing... hitting the screen with my fat thumb brang up the locked desktop screen...

blessed are the "cracked" for it's they who let in the light

Offline ephect

• Global Moderator
Re: hitting hibernation just locks desktop
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »
im running win7 x64 and hitting hibernate it does hibernate fine, and resumes. what OS you running?

now what i've found, from both standby and hibernate, is you have to click the icon (home shortcut) to enable clicking around of the home screen. looks like it still stuck on an exit screen but with the main home page visible, but not clickable.

Offline boelle

• Premium Member
Re: hitting hibernation just locks desktop
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:40:03 PM »
im running win7 x64 and hitting hibernate it does hibernate fine, and resumes. what OS you running?

windows embedded standard 7 64 Bit

now what i've found, from both standby and hibernate, is you have to click the icon (home shortcut) to enable clicking around of the home screen. looks like it still stuck on an exit screen but with the main home page visible, but not clickable

What i found is that it was at home screen but not click able.... and pc never powered off...

tried to set bios to S1.. did not change anything, trying S3 in a few

EDIT: setting to bios S3 disable hybernation with command powercfg.exe /h OFF made it sleep... now its going to be fun if it will do with EWF enabled etc

EDIT2: spoke to fast... it seems it just go to standby, because when i kill the power it does a normal boot at power up

EDIT3:tried S1 and no hiberfil.sys... did not power off the cpu fan etc as it did with S3 and no hiberfil...

The most close i have been so far is to disable hibernation in windows and set bios for S3.. ram still powered thou... but lightning fast boot... might be forced to thinker with a way of only having pc powered and then power up the rest when needed

EDIT4: set bios to auto and enabled hybernation with powercfg.exe /h ON and then  shutdown.exe  /h
... i get a request not supported (50) googled this and it seems that my boards does not support S4 as its needed... well back to normal win7 as this can do hibernate

EDIT5: figured out that my board has to support S4 to make embbed work right of a usb stick... so back to a normal win7
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:19:26 PM by boelle »
blessed are the "cracked" for it's they who let in the light