Author Topic: Dual screen ?  (Read 9971 times)

Offline CdRsKuLL

• The Fat dude !
  • Administrator
    • FreeICE
Dual screen ?
« on: November 17, 2011, 10:53:41 PM »
Just wondering what would you use your second screen for ?

If it's something that everyone would like and can agree on what they would like then I will add it to the standard skin. FreeICE is very capable of doing dual screens.. more so than most other frontends because of the flash single skin it uses.

Steve

Offline ephect

• Global Moderator
Re: Dual screen ?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 01:19:54 AM »
yes i would use it, soon to be implimenting 2x 14" laptop screens in the back (cloned) for movies. so nav on one screen and media on the other.

how would this configurable? setting say a 1 or 2 at the end of a line in an ini or?

Offline viper70v

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 01:27:33 AM »
I guess it comes to displays for projection of films for sitting behind
Asus a3iont-deluxe,2,2Ghz core2 duo atom,4gb ram ,360gb hdd, Navilock 8 inch touch,Navilock gps 202u,Windows7 ultimate 32 bit.

Offline kolton5543

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 05:43:05 AM »
If dual screens become available then I would suggest that freeice can accept touch inputs from a specific screen and only control the information that is displayed on that screen.

Offline Enforcer

• Confusion Master
  • Global Moderator
    • Enforcer
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
I think second (or third screens) screens would mainly be used for the headrest monitors and that usually means entertainment for the rear passengers, ie Videos and Games.

Some may want it to get info or even surfing on the web.

The other main dual screen option is two screens up front with one being a dedicated navigation screen.

Offline CdRsKuLL

• The Fat dude !
  • Administrator
    • FreeICE
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »
all this is very easy to do within FreeICE. I had a little play on the last version where I could send the navigation over to the second screen.. It would be very easy to send video instead and keep the main screen functioning normally.

Offline Enforcer

• Confusion Master
  • Global Moderator
    • Enforcer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »
The main issue with having a second screen one PC is the audio.

You would need two soundcards and be able to send the audio sound to the front and the video sound to the rear.

Also TS can be tricky, they should be able to workout which of the two screens they are on, but being USB devices they are always prone to being flakey.

Offline ephect

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 03:20:22 AM »
i know this is almost a year old
i know the dev team are working hard on getting FI stable
i know its part of the feature list :)

just a quick wondering post :) im getting the last of my bits and almost ready to install a couple screens for the rear. Just putting my hand up as a tester

keep it up crew

Offline CdRsKuLL

• The Fat dude !
  • Administrator
    • FreeICE
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »
what would you like to do on your second screen ? is it going to be a touch screen or just for info ?

ie.. gps navigation. Set on main screen the 'send it to second' so you can then have music on the main and gps on the second ?

Offline ephect

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »
Will be 2x screens (split & cloned) roof mounted in the rear mainly for movies, music, and won't be touch.  my main in dash monitor for everything else.

Ie: Gps upfront, while kids watch pepper pig in the back. :) pepper has saved what may have been a very painful trip without her!

I'm testing out FIv1.92 with the dual screen skin and it is working awesome on the test bench. Another couple weeks til the rear screens arrive then I'll post up some pics.

Offline mos33y

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 04:56:14 AM »
Will be 2x screens (split & cloned) roof mounted in the rear mainly for movies, music, and won't be touch.  my main in dash monitor for everything else.

Ie: Gps upfront, while kids watch pepper pig in the back. :) pepper has saved what may have been a very painful trip without her!

I'm testing out FIv1.92 with the dual screen skin and it is working awesome on the test bench. Another couple weeks til the rear screens arrive then I'll post up some pics.

+ 1 :-)

exact same setup. My only other option right now is CF, which does not do this very well.

Offline CdRsKuLL

• The Fat dude !
  • Administrator
    • FreeICE
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »
ok,  I will see what I can do once I've finished coding the plugin for the DABmonkey radio :-)

Just something simple for now, with basic info on the second screen but with the ability to send gps or the video there. :-)

Steve

Offline ephect

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 12:04:43 AM »
that would be amazing :)

Offline mos33y

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »
that would be amazing :)
Again, what he said :-)
Personally, all I need the second screen to do is output video but also the ability to clone both screens. I know u can clone via graphics card but in my case, resolutions on the lager screen is always messed up.
I don't have this issue when I extend my desktop ( hence why it would be good for fi to do)

carputer1

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 04:13:57 PM »
just puting my foot print in here to,, may not work for me , as i use ibass , which also has dual scr features in it now,, but only for visuals and video ,,,

but i'm thinking of a 3 monitor setup ,, as i only have the wife to please ,, so she's happy with video only,, but having gps , down below could be handy ....