Author Topic: Day and night icon and backgrounds  (Read 2678 times)

Offline viper70v

Day and night icon and backgrounds
« on: November 21, 2011, 12:54:42 AM »
It would be good if it is possible to switch automatically and manually day and night mode, and option to change not only  desktop bilder, but the icons too for day and night mode. I think it's a good idea and ask for your opinion.

Cheers Rumen
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:26:51 AM by viper70v »
Asus a3iont-deluxe,2,2Ghz core2 duo atom,4gb ram ,360gb hdd, Navilock 8 inch touch,Navilock gps 202u,Windows7 ultimate 32 bit.

Offline ephect

• Global Moderator
Re: Day and night icon and backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 01:41:15 AM »
i know gamma control is on the features list, this will keep the screen bright during normal use, and dim for night use.

its something i use fequently in FI1.92, and patiently waiting for in v2. Automatic "shouldnt" be too hard, if we can base it on time of day. but all depends how its implimented.

Offline viper70v

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:45:59 AM »
I think that is not very difficult to do. If add the possibility to load 2nd setings night.ini and restarts FI without loading the Welcome screen
### freeice version
version=FreeICE Alpha v9
### skin that is loaded
skinname=default
and
### freeice version
version=FreeICE Alpha v9
### skin that is loaded
skinname=night
and add a second setings.ini in C: \ CdRsKuLL Productions \ FreeICE \ skin \ default ... setings.ini night. Just a little game of coding that I can not do. :)
Asus a3iont-deluxe,2,2Ghz core2 duo atom,4gb ram ,360gb hdd, Navilock 8 inch touch,Navilock gps 202u,Windows7 ultimate 32 bit.

Offline meddler

• The Frog!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:48:57 AM »
I am sure you could poll sunrise and sunset times to change between the day and night screen and then it would just be a matter of having the settings change at the given times.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story