Author Topic: ibass your all round player ALPHA Released  (Read 10315 times)

carputer1

ibass your all round player ALPHA Released
« on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:50 AM »

BASS is an audio library for use in Windows and Mac OSX software. It's purpose is to provide developers with powerful and efficient player that can handle many formats: stream (MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, AIFF, custom generated, and more via add-ons), MOD music (XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, UMX), MO3 music (MP3/OGG compressed MODs), and also recording functions. All in a tiny DLL under 100KB* in size. On Windows BASS requires DirectX 3 or above for output, and takes advantage of DirectSound and DirectSound3D hardware accelerated drivers, when available.

In Conjuction with Bass Player, El Camino has written a Plugin, that interfaces with Bass Player. The Plugin has all the normal features you would expect from El,   Lyrics finder,  Rate tracks, Search. But now also offers you a new Audio Browser, with a new way to browse your Audio Files. It's now possible to browse music by artist, album, genre, rating, etc., with a browse by cover function and a fast search engine.

still loads to do ,, but shed load already in place ,, alot of it is background stuff ,,, but upon release you will get a complete new way of useing freeice ,,, we still have record to do ,, to allow you to record anything comming out of you out put ,, ie ,, inet radio,, normal radio ... but we are makeing great progress , now

iBass Voice Control

ibass voice control dose not control the skin in anyway ,, what it allows you to do is control your music and movies,, the cmds are listed in the mic active popup,, for movie the cmds are less , but mostly the same

DOWNLOAD HEREhttp://www.carputer1.com/files/freeice_uploads/FB Installer.exe
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:09:53 PM by carputer1 »

Offline meddler

• The Frog!
  • Administrator
Re: ibass your all round player
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »
awesome work guys!
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

carputer1

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »
cheers meddler ,we are sooo happy with this ,, fi is really working well with it ,, me and el have been using bass for a few years now ,, and to be honest I won't use anything else ,,,,

UN less i Have to that is

anyway more updated in 1post ,, this will continue to grow , as we get more done

Offline ephect

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:31:47 AM »
awesome news! looking better and better, this is one player i should get familar with..

cheers for the update

carputer1

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 06:22:04 AM »
well i can't fault it yet as a audio & video player now,,, apart from our own code that i could fault lol.lol..
well thousands of MediaPortal users can't be wrong , as Bass is the default player ,, which i also use on my htpc,, again for audio and video ,, and it has not missed a beat ,..

also we have much more control over bass , than you would get if useing wmp , or winamp ,,,

Offline fabsen

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
sounds awesome. do I have to use that frontend? or can I keep on using fi with standard view including the bass library?

it doesn't look bad, but I guess it won't fit into the usual design :)

I would like to give it a try :)

carputer1

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 05:24:25 PM »
ibass is a plugin for freeice  ,, at this time ,, there is no freeice default skin been made up for ibass as of yet ,,, but both skins "Genesis II and Flashback" will have what your freeice skin has now all the settings sat nav etc etc ,,, when we are more complete ,,, i will be converting the freeice default skin to use ibass,, before fianl release ,, its mainly audio and video that will change in your well know freeice default skin .

but this will have to be a seperate default skin to now ,, as normal default skin will continue to use wmp,,
so all YOU will have to do is change the skin ,, to ibass fi default skin ,, hopefully by then we may have a fully working skin browser ,, simular to what RR dose with its skins,,, then there will be no user editing ,, just goto skin browser select skin , bingo up and running ,, well thats the theory anyway lol.lol.. and we all know about theory

i'll be posting another few videos soon ,, maybe over the next few days ,,, showing how the ibass audio and video browser work ,,, i remeber 1 user asked for seperate audio and video screens well ibass gives you that .....

carputer1

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 06:47:17 AM »
ok its offical ibass now has video ,, its played all the formats i have here from avi - mkV ,,,,

we have created a selection menu the same as audio browser list has ,, scr cap in 1st post ,,,

we have now added a secondary list on some options like by title ,, by director,, by actor ,,, maybe a few others ,, but the idea is you select your list option , eg, by title ,, a a,b,c,d,e, list appears ,, select letter and all, videos found in that option , and that letter appear for browsering ....

video also now has its own fullscr

again i will do a video , once more complete ,,, but we are now seeing a light ,, at the end of this very long tunnel

Offline Diavoletto

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
it will be possible to:
- Enable/Disable Subtitles?
- Change Subtitles?
- Change Audio Language?
- Change Video Format (16:9, 4:3, Cut, Full,etc..)?

Sub and Audio language are much used in matriosca video formats like mkv

Offline EL CAMINO

• Administrator
  • The Bug Creator !!
    • Genesis Project home.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 12:28:19 AM »
just to let people know that im like a week or 2 to have an alpha release ready, and we will need some testers, this PI is really getting bigger than planned, but is getting there, possible testers, please PM me or carputer1, one thing that testers need to keep in mind is,that the only compatible skin available for now is just FlashBack which is also a WIP :)
If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...

carputer1

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 09:15:43 AM »

well again another preview of whats happening
we found a coverflow like app, done in C

we have managed to code it to work for us under ibass at the moment ,
we have it working as you would expect from a coverflow ,, there are some limits which we are unable to over come
we are unable to add a slider or buttons for up/down the list ,,  we are still looking through the features of this app, it dose have a few limits,, but its the best we have come across for many years of testing different cf apps, they either to high cpu, or have players built in ,, always something that kill the app, but this one seems to be dong the job very well so far ,,,,

Offline Diavoletto

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »
pretty good i like it  ;D

Offline meddler

• The Frog!
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
If you need a tester, I'm in.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

carputer1

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:12 AM »
If you need a tester, I'm in.

your on the list for next version, we are still working on the index cards for video posters ,, and trying to get this pi 64bit compliant,,,

carputer1

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »
ok so far ,, we have found that things don't quite work well under a 64 bit system,, which we are looking into now

so all those with ibass alpha files sent to you , and are 64bit please hang on in there

we are looking for more 32bit users ,, so testing can continue while we sort out 64bit