Author Topic: Making Album Art larger on main screen  (Read 4348 times)

Offline gumby

Making Album Art larger on main screen
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »
Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out how to make the album art bigger, is this possible to do in the settings.ini and if so how?  I tried downloading the demo skin from the download section but it appears that even though the filename is demo.zip it extracts as FreeIce_Alpha10.

Thanks for your help.

carputer1

Re: Making Album Art larger on main screen
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:13 PM »
ok assuming your talking about the album art in the main menu widget screens

there are no manual settings for art its all within the flash skin ,,
if it is the menu screen you are refuring to ,, then what i can do is add another art widget ,, that is larger than the present 1 so you can have a choice on which art you use...

if you are able to screen cap , or something giving me the idea of what sort of size your looking for
i will add to the next release

Offline MrSpahkol

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
I know this is an older thread, but I strongly second this. I'd love even an explanation as to how I can edit the size for the current widget myself. Truly I would love a screen of the album art almost fullscreen, along with basic track info, but just having it larger in the regular widget would be great. Let me know if you can share any info as to where in the skin I can edit the size of it. Thanks!

carputer1

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »
afraid there's no way externally you can edit size ,

there is a screen saver option if active will give you a larger art and tags ,

as for the widget I was going to make a 2nd option ,
but had no return on the sort of size of art..
I could also setup a manual button call , to load screen saver act with out it being a actual screen saver

??????

Offline MrSpahkol

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »
Is the album art supposed to show on the screen saver? If so, that'd be awesome and make me happy for sure. I currently just see the song titles at the top, empty space in the middle, and then the time and everything. If that empty space could have the album art there, that'd be awesome. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Offline MrSpahkol

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »
Here's an example of my ideal option. I'd love to utilize as much space as possible. But, I'm being idealistic.

carputer1

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 10:45:39 PM »
ok I'll have a look at screen saver

now do you want this as a screen saver or a stand alone screen you can call,,like a

now playing screen

Offline MrSpahkol

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 11:31:37 PM »
Either, truly, whichever is easier. I just think it would be nice to able to use as much of the screen real estate as possible to show the art. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your hard work on such an awesome piece of software.

Offline theiceisfreeright?

• "The Ice Is Free.....Right!"
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 04:29:50 AM »
"just think it would be nice to able to use as much of the screen real estate as possible to show the art"

X2 on this , makes it much more easier to see what's now playing from a distance on a 8" screen.

Yes, this would be a nice add/adjustment.

Good one. :)

carputer1

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 06:16:40 AM »
well im alittle surprised , as i looked at scr saver last night , i found the art sprite was missing, i was sure it was there before,, just how you imaged it ,,

so be it , it will be fixed , and i'll see about makeing it a now playing screen not just a scr saver

Offline MrSpahkol

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 06:29:24 AM »
Well that's great! It's nice to be able to discuss wanted features this way. Again, appreciate all your work.

carputer1

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 06:35:15 AM »
np we do try to listen , and fix , and add requests , 90% of the time its done, we do try to keep a open mind ,, i hate to say no to anything , but sometimes .....

we can't think of everything, and we are only human so things do get missed, we rely on you the user as much as you rely on us The Team

Offline MrSpahkol

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 06:02:07 PM »
Awesome to hear that, and I'm looking forward to seeing it!