Author Topic: Controlling freeICE with Sony RM-X2S& x4s with Joycon  (Read 24817 times)

Offline Morpheus2010

Re: Controlling freeICE with Sony RM-X2S &Joycon
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »
@carputer1
Yeah its good to have a well built foundation then expand on that. I'm going for the clean look also, my car is getting painted(i'm out of a car for a month) so i have nothing but time on my hands to get freeice the way i want so when i get back in my car i'm good to go.

carputer1

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »
great car being painted mmm,, thats my job lol,,, my work life is  a car repair shop,, my social time is the parrot rescue, and FreeICE....

what we are doing in v3 , will allow you to use default for ibass, as that seems to be your player of choice
we are in the middle of adding winamp, which is going very well,, so soon 1 skin 3 players to choose from , not bad eh!!!!......

my truck is also out of action , bloody glow plug snapped in the block , so gone from 12.95 fix to a 600.00 fix ,, i have a new dsp unit ,, new screen , new subs,, joycon on route all awaiting her return ,, then its gut the truck , and install properly this time

Offline Morpheus2010

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »
@carputer1: yeah i saw that dsp its looks like overkill, but just right for us geeks lol. yeah its best to completely gut it all out and install it over again on that OCD tip, take you time and do it right. thats what i did to solve my engine whine issue and carpc low volume issue, ended up taking out my cd player(which i was using for aux in from car pc). i got rid of so much "extra" wiring and installed an eq that fix my engine whine and got my carpc volume to match my old cd players volume(before i had to compensate for the low volume from carpc by turning up the gains on the amps) now i have the amps at less than half.
http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5250/641780/In--Dash-Car-Audio-Processors/THREE2-IN--DASH-PRE--AMP-EQUALIZER--SUBWOOFER-CROSSOVER-WITH-DUAL-AUXILIARY-INPUTS.html

Offline firestorm

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 08:04:16 PM »
been playing with freeice, and joycon for a while, main problem i  found was trying to program things that dont have a key press ie the 'home' key, so i just use the screen for these....lol

as here

even with just 6 buttons, one can be programmed to change the settings, if you know what i mean, then there can be something like 48 menu's, with 5 buttons on each

have you downloaded the software yet mate??

carputer1

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 08:23:04 PM »
no I have not ,, but looking at the screens shots looks a bit complicated , but at the end of the day
you will only use it once or twice to set things up,, 

but freeice first toys second ,, you are all lucky buggers , you can play with toys straight away lololl

carputer1

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
ok confirmed my joycon is on route,,, lolol... also we are now being watched lolol... i sent a link to the forum, as we are not really active on the main viewed forums,,

so lets give this guy the credit due to him,, as soon as i recieve mine , i will be adding joycon to the hardware reviews section

Offline Morpheus2010

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 10:50:27 PM »
Got my joycon and Sony rm x4s and andrea supermax Mic all coming in. Hopefully can I voice control all of free ice audio/video soon

carputer1

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 07:02:50 AM »
me to lol.. but i think it will will be after xmas before the joycon gets here , was warned 1 - 4 weeks

controller should be here very soon , its comming from germany

Offline TechnoGuy

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 02:27:50 AM »
Do you think the SONY RM-X5S  will work?

carputer1

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 06:12:12 AM »
only a quick look into this , but it has been mentioned on mp3 forums , that the the answer is no ,
something about it uses ir call , etc ,,you could always e-mail the joycon guys asking them if the firmware supports this one ,

Offline TechnoGuy

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 06:37:56 AM »
I am glad I  asked before purchasing. :-[

carputer1

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 06:47:17 AM »
i know joycon supports many different controls, massive list on thier site, but like i say i did a quick search , and the info i found was old,, so its worth a e-mail to the joycon guys

Offline TechnoGuy

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Good news and bad news for me.  The bad news, Joycon support confirmed your suspicion SONY RM-X5S was not supported.  The good news is that I found a new Sony RMX4S. I paid 39.94 US Dollars with Tax and shipping included in the price.  I will order the joycon as soon as I get past the holidays. 

carputer1

Re: Controlling freeICE with Sony RM-X2S& x4s with Joycon
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
well i'm half way there , rm-x4s has arrived ,,, be alittle while before joycon gets here though

Offline leeharper1

Re: Controlling freeICE with Sony RM-X2S& x4s with Joycon
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »
I hate waiting lol