Author Topic: Problem with USB FM Dongle  (Read 2659 times)

Offline bobbo7070

• Premium Member
Problem with USB FM Dongle
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
Having a problem with my USB FM dongle when using v4 which I didn't have with v3.

Briefly; when I resume from hibernation I have to disable then re-enable the dongle in recording devices to wake it up.

Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain in the bum.

Cheers for all the good work...
Win 7 32 bit, Asus E35M1-I Deluxe, OCX 120g SSD, 4g 1033 ddr3 ram, Creative X-Fi Pro usb, 2 x 500w cheapo stereo amps, Mobile broadband dongle, Lilliput 7" touch screen, five quid usb radio dongle. All packed under the driver seat (not the Lilliput, that'd be silly).

Offline CdRsKuLL

• The Fat dude !
  • Administrator
    • FreeICE
Re: Problem with USB FM Dongle
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »
hmm I did switch from turning the radio on / off to just muting it when switching from Radio to Media to improve the speed of it. I will add some code to watch for the hibernation to solve this in the next release.. thanks for the info :-)

I've nearly got all my CarPC bits now, just need to buy a small amp and a double din kit for my focus and I'm good to go, will be able to do some proper testing myself then.

A CarTFT Radio has just turned up today so will have that coded in for the next release, looking forward to testing it. Shame I'm at work :-(

Offline bobbo7070

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »
Car TFT... Hmmm....

Let us know how you get on with it. I've been using a six quid dongle for the last 18 months, and apart from the odd pop n crackle (which pigs the wife off no end  ;D) it's worked fine.

If the TFT is good I might pop for one...

Where d'yer get it btw?
Win 7 32 bit, Asus E35M1-I Deluxe, OCX 120g SSD, 4g 1033 ddr3 ram, Creative X-Fi Pro usb, 2 x 500w cheapo stereo amps, Mobile broadband dongle, Lilliput 7" touch screen, five quid usb radio dongle. All packed under the driver seat (not the Lilliput, that'd be silly).

Offline CdRsKuLL

• The Fat dude !
  • Administrator
    • FreeICE
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 04:11:58 PM »
http://www.CarTFT.com  .. They sent me one over so I can code it into FreeICE. I think if you mention that you are a member of this forum then you will get a discount. It uses the mic / line in and comes in a smart little case.  BUT.. I would wait until I've had a play to be honest and I will let you know if there any good. I've got a silabs at home which I was using but mine did suffer from a little interference.

I will do a full review of this one next week when I get chance :-)

Steve

Offline CdRsKuLL

• The Fat dude !
  • Administrator
    • FreeICE
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 11:50:39 PM »
Just realised i changed the USBRadio.dll in alpha 4.. so if you just replace it with the Alpha3 version then this should solve your problems. :-)

If you do have a play then let me know if it works and I will swap it over for alpha 5.

Thanks,

Steve