Author Topic: Bluesoleil Wrapper  (Read 1797 times)

Offline meh_eh_heh

• Premium Member
Bluesoleil Wrapper
« on: December 20, 2011, 12:30:13 AM »
This is a Bluesoleil wrapper for .Net I wrote awhile back. It implements all the basic functionality and the Hands-free portion. I don't have time to develop it anymore, so I am passing it on to whoever may want to pick up and complete the wrapper as well as make a plugin or something for hands-free. It isn't anything fancy as I wrote it just to get a wrapper and didn't intend for it to look nice and pretty as far as C++ goes. Feel free to use it at your own discretion. I hold no liability for what you use it for and what happens as a result of that. I am posting all source code for the wrapper and the sample application. This requires (as far as I know, haven't tested on anything below) Bluesoleil 6.4.249 or above. I am willing to help anyone who wants to develop with this on my free time (hard to come by these days).

Regards,
Jason

Edit: I decided I'm going to attempt to work on this more myself, if you would still like the source send me a message and I will send you a link to download. Maybe it can be of some help integrating phone and other Bluetooth functionality into FreeIce when it gets to that point.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:58:57 AM by meh_eh_heh »

Offline echo

Re: Bluesoleil Wrapper
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
Great!
Is your source based on Bluesoleil SDK?

Offline hadaak

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »
Not sure bluesoleil is the right path to go for freeice  :) I'm a centrafuse user and I can tell you that there is a lot of pain on the centrafuse forum because of bluesoleil and centrafuse phone plugin. phone keeps disconnecting and unpairing. Audio quality is bad. I even donwloaded the bluesoleil phone tool (http://www.bluesoleil.com/products/S0002201005190002.html) and got the same audio quality which is just unacceptable as people don't hear you well on the other side,. I'm using pretty good hardware for echo cancellation and noise reduction and bluesleil just doesn't do it for me.
I'm using the phoenixAudio SOHO PCI card for noise cancellation and the Andrea DA-350 microphone. Audio recording is perfect in Windows 7 using the built in audio recorder.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:56:35 PM by hadaak »

Offline meh_eh_heh

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:03:40 AM »
The reason that bluesoleil is use is because it is the only publicly available bluetooth stack that support SCO. This is the channel that carries the audio if anyone don't know much about bluetooth (not trying to offend anyone). Windows bluetooth stack is supposed to support this in Windows 7 for CSR bluetooth chipsets, but I have never been able to get it to work for me. You can easily connect to the phone with HFP with the Windows stack you just won't get any audio (which is kind of important for HandsFree/Headset). Widcomm I have no knowledge of, but I don't think it supports SCO either. It is possible to write a kernel mode driver to enable SCO, but I don't have much driver development experience. I don't think that the Windows stack would be much better with the audio either though, since it is still a software implementation, which is the why bluesoleils audio is so bad. If you could create a usb hardware solution that supports SCO in the hardware and transmits it to the computers line in port, that would be the only way to get audio that is the quality of HandsFree kits that you would install in your car. I hope that this explination helps somewhat. I have been researching bluetooth for over a year, and have come to find out that bluesoleil at this point is the only cost effective solution (really the only one unless you mod a HandsFree kit to connect to the computer) to date. Please let me know if I am wrong on this, because I would be very happy to work on a different stack. I wish that Bluez was supported on Windows. If it was, then we would be set. Bluez is an awesome stack. I have developed on it for a few projects.

Jason

Offline hadaak

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:48:48 AM »
You're right  :) Looks like we're stuck to bluesoleil but I have hope someone might come up with something with decent audio quality. I started a thread on the centrafuse forum (link is here, mods please feel free to delete if against the freeice forum rules : http://forums.fluxmedia.net/plugin-development/15342-phone-plugin-using-windows-bt-stack.html). It's a pity that a 50-70 car kit can have good BT audio quality wheras a fully loaded carpc cannot. a reliable solution is really a must for a good carpc setup.

Offline fabsen

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:45:41 AM »
The reason that bluesoleil is use is because it is the only publicly available bluetooth stack that support SCO. This is the channel that carries the audio if anyone don't know much about bluetooth (not trying to offend anyone). Windows bluetooth stack is supposed to support this in Windows 7 for CSR bluetooth chipsets, but I have never been able to get it to work for me. You can easily connect to the phone with HFP with the Windows stack you just won't get any audio (which is kind of important for HandsFree/Headset). Widcomm I have no knowledge of, but I don't think it supports SCO either. It is possible to write a kernel mode driver to enable SCO, but I don't have much driver development experience. I don't think that the Windows stack would be much better with the audio either though, since it is still a software implementation, which is the why bluesoleils audio is so bad. If you could create a usb hardware solution that supports SCO in the hardware and transmits it to the computers line in port, that would be the only way to get audio that is the quality of HandsFree kits that you would install in your car. I hope that this explination helps somewhat. I have been researching bluetooth for over a year, and have come to find out that bluesoleil at this point is the only cost effective solution (really the only one unless you mod a HandsFree kit to connect to the computer) to date. Please let me know if I am wrong on this, because I would be very happy to work on a different stack. I wish that Bluez was supported on Windows. If it was, then we would be set. Bluez is an awesome stack. I have developed on it for a few projects.

Jason

hey, that's half of the truth. connecting my devices (sgs2 and hd2) is really easy with the windows7 BT stack. also the audio is very good (comparing to bluesoleil crap). actually i would like to use bluesoleil because the windows stack doesn't work properly with any of my GPS devices. but bluesoleil doesn't support my onboard bluetooth 3.0.

cheers.

P.S.: i have several BT2.0 sticks and tried to run them with windows bluetooth stack. i got the same problems concerning GPS.

Offline hadaak

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »
I'd rather use a wired gps device if I can get my iphone to work with windows BT stack. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Are you sure you can make phone calls using Windows 7 BT Stack. The audio issue I'm talking about is not from phone to pc but from PC to phone to caller. who is the culprit here : Bluesoleil/BT Dongle/Centrafuse implementation (in my case)/Iphone/Microphone...
I noticed that changing the quality format of the microphone in windows 7 gives optimal results but it's not enough.

Offline fabsen

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »
I'd rather use a wired gps device if I can get my iphone to work with windows BT stack. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Are you sure you can make phone calls using Windows 7 BT Stack. The audio issue I'm talking about is not from phone to pc but from PC to phone to caller. who is the culprit here : Bluesoleil/BT Dongle/Centrafuse implementation (in my case)/Iphone/Microphone...
I noticed that changing the quality format of the microphone in windows 7 gives optimal results but it's not enough.

in centrafuse the bluetooth calling quality was terrible. it was not possible to use it seriously. atm i don't know how to test pc->phone. is there any handsfree software to test it? i would do some testing because i'm also interested in running bt with phone + gps receiver.

cheers

Offline hadaak

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
When you said 'audio is very good' i thought you were using windows bt stack for phone calls. By the way audio streaming over  luesoleil is pretty good too. It's audio from bluesoleil to phone which sucks !

Offline fabsen

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »
When you said 'audio is very good' i thought you were using windows bt stack for phone calls. By the way audio streaming over  luesoleil is pretty good too. It's audio from bluesoleil to phone which sucks !

phone AND streaming were crappy using bluesoleil... but i recognized that it wasn't just bluesoleil. it was also phone-dependant. a while i go i checked up the windows stack with streaming and i was surprised how good the soundquality can be.

so... tell me how to test it (not using centrafuse!!!) and i will test 4 different bt hw chips including 3.0.

Offline hadaak

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
you can use bt to make phone calls with windows stack only.
I will test another phone tomorrow with bluesoleil and centrafuse.

Offline fabsen

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
you can use bt to make phone calls with windows stack only.
I will test another phone tomorrow with bluesoleil and centrafuse.

how? i just managed to do this with bluesoleil (and centrafuse). afaik windows doesn't have a "tool" for doing phone calls.

Offline hadaak

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
My mistake. I meant "you cannot use bt to make phone calls with windows stack only"

Offline hadaak

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
And by the way I tried an old SonyEricsson P990i today and the audio quality from phone to caller is crappy too.

Offline hadaak

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »
I also tried another BT dongle, Trendnet, and the quality is still not there  :-\